We may collect, store and use the following data, which includes personal data, from you:
Information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website such as: URLs visited by users directly before and after visiting the website, IP address, demographic information, web browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths;
Information that you provide to us when applying to join the Turing Talent programme including your email address, name, nationality, ethnicity, date of birth, relationship status, interests and hobbies, educational and employment details, phone number;
Information you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters including your full name, email address and interests;
Information that you provide to us when using our website or that is generated in the course of the use of the website including timing, frequency and pattern of service use;
Information contained in or relating to any communications, feedback, comments and posts that are committed to the site.
Disclosure of Your Information
Any or all personal data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our website. Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping
To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
Improvement of our products/services;
Transmission by email of materials in which you may have expressed interest;
Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the website.
Before joining the Turing Talent programme
During the application and interview process, we may share your personal information with:
• Relevant contacts at Turing Talent host companies where you could be offered a position.
Upon receiving a job offer from a Turing Talent Host Organisation
Should you be accepted on the program, we will share your personal information with the following:
• Applicable business and government organisations to secure your visa;
• Applicable health insurance providers to secure your coverage, and;
• Applicable banking entities to set up a bank account in your new home country
We also may need to disclose your personal information:
• to respond to or comply with any law, regulation, subpoena, court order or other legal obligation;
• to enforce and protect our rights and properties;
• to detect, investigate and help prevent security threats, fraud or other malicious activity; and
• to protect the rights, property or safety of the host organisations.
We can assure you that all personal data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. To ensure that your data is protected we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures on our website and other data processing systems.
We endeavour to do our best in order to protect your personal data. However, as you may be aware, the transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure and is done at your own risk.
Turing Talent shall not keep or process your personal data for a longer that is necessary for the purpose or those purposes. We will retain documents including electronic documents containing personal data:
1. To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
2. If we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
3. In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Cross-Border Transfer of Your Information
Changes to Our Private Policy
Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your data will not be disclosed to third parties. This does not include our affiliates and/or companies within group.
Our registered office is 71 - 73 Shelton Street Shelton Street, London, United Kingdom, WC2H 9JQ.
You can contact us by writing to the business address given above, by using our website contact form, by email to: email@example.com.
This policy was last updated on the 15th of May 2018.