About Host Compliance:
Host Compliance is a privately held tech company located in the heart of California's Silicon Valley. Our vision is a world in which the sharing economy works for everyone. We seek to contribute to this by being the leading independent and trusted third party that local governments can turn to for data, tools and impartial advice on how to implement and enforce local rules for Airbnb-style short-term rentals. You can learn more about us from articles from the Wall Street Journal, CNN, and CBC News.The team behind Host Compliance consists of an experienced group of data scientists, engineers and business people with backgrounds from Caltech, Harvard, and McKinsey. The company is profitable and since launching out of Stealth mode in Q2 2016, we have grown extremely rapidly.
About Turing Talent:
We are a new breed of talent acquisition and incubation. We are reinventing distributed engineering teams by breaking down barriers between the world's best talent and the most exciting companies. Turing Talent has created the first pan-European hubs which house international engineering teams for the most cutting-edge tech companies from Silicon Valley and beyond.
Are you a top-notch frontend engineer? If so, we need to talk! We're looking for someone who can help us build reliable, beautiful, user friendly applications around our APIs and data services. We help local governments address the challenges around short-term rentals like Airbnb. The tools you build will help local governments make better choices around permitting, collecting a fair tax, and keeping neighbourhoods safe. We are making a difference with more than 130 local governments across the US and Canada using our services.
We're headquartered in California, US with a distributed team.
- Expand and improve our AngularJS codebase
- Produce scalable, well written, testable code
- Make constant, measured improvements to the application's user experience
- Fix defects and add features to our legacy jQuery and HTML based tools
- Assist with refactoring, adding tests, and otherwise improving existing code
- You should also be a person who thrives in an extremely fast-paced environment. We solve hard problems on tight deadlines and release multiple times per week.
Required skills and experience:
- AngularJS 1.x (3+ years)
- jQuery (3+ years)
- Experience with data visualization.
- UX experience
- A passion for fast-paced development and daily releases